Date Posted: 07/18/2017
West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking an Admissions Counselor to join a dynamic and energetic Office of Admission staff. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and will possess a strong desire to succeed.
* Extensive recruitment travel and management of a geographic territory;
* Attainment of student and revenue goals and targets;
* Ability to conduct presentations about Wesleyan to a variety of constituents, including prospective students and parents, guidance counselors, and college personnel;
* Interview prospective students;
* Application review, and scholarship consideration;
* Work weeknights and weekends;
* Participate in on-campus and regional college events; and
* Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interacting with students, parents, alumni, school counselors, and others
* A strong aptitude with technology and best practice
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
* Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
* Valid driver's license
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and contact information for three references, by July 25, 2017, to the following.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.